Monday, September 25, 2006

"Mike Tyson Is A Homo"

In perhaps the greatest bit of trash-talking in sports history, Mitch "Blood" Green calls out Mike Tyson circa 1986, hoping to land a fight. Not only does he call Tyson a homo but he seems to refer to him as Mike "Cicely" Tyson (it's kinda hard to tell). The bonus is that this clip leads into an interview with Green after the guys at The Best Damn Sports Show somehow find him and drag him out of obscurity. All these years later and not only is he still sporting the beret and corn-rows, he's also as incomprehensible as ever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My-oh-my. Listen, forgive me if it seems like I'm always trying to relate your posts to ME somehow, Ryan. But I HAD to tell you that I worked periodically on "Best Damn" for a couple years as a performer in the crazy skits they would do. And one of them one time involved Mike Tyson and PUPPETS. I was operating the two puppets and Iron M. was ABSOLUTELY TRANSFIXED by them! I'm telling you, he was FIVE YEARS OLD not only around those puppets (evidenced only by that child-like wave you see him give in the clip here), but around his handlers as well. Five... years... old.

Tyson spoke in a very hushed, high-pitched, shy way to the puppets. You could tell he was finding some lost, innocent, sincere connection to them. It was eerie... and very sad. You could SEE the disappointment in his face when I'd remove my sweaty mitts from them and they'd go dead.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Ryan A said...

This explains a lot, especially the Holyfield ear-biting thing-- tantrum? By the way, I'm coming down for the Oregon/USC game and I NEED to hear this and all the midget stories you keep alluding to.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Ryan A said...

I'll be going incognito (fake moustache, artificial hump, sombrero) so hopefully the gods of college football don't recognize me.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home