Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Oliver Reed & Mr. Nasty

You may remember Oliver Reed from Oliver!, The Three Musketeers and (his last film) Gladiator. Impressive, sure. But who knew he was also a world-renowned hellraiser? So much so that his friends had a nickname for him when he got so shit-faced he turned mean-- Mr. Nasty. If I'd known all this I might've followed his career more closely. Luckily I've stumbled on a few clips in all his drunken talk-show glory:
I'll also include links to a BBC documentary on him (in five parts). It shows more of his hellraising (especially pts. 4 & 5) as well as interesting tidbits like his disdain for the rich and famous (he always brought his old working-class drinking buddy "Dobbo" to the high society parties so he'd have someone to drink with). Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

2 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

Damn it! And I gotta leave for the day! I mean, WHO blogs about Oliver Reed!?! I love that guy! I own "Burnt Offerings" on DVD. THAT'S how much I love that guy.

Alright, well... something to look forward to later. Damn!

More to come...

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home