Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shane McGowan Shit-Faced

A few years ago a new bartender (and now friend) introduced me to not only Nick Cave (who I count as one of my favorite artists) but also Shane MacGowan of the Pogues. While Mr. Cave continues recording music that is as good as any around, sadly Mr. MacGowan has continued his downward drunken spiral. Therefore, I hesitantly dedicate this clip to Drew:

And in a "well it could be worse" vein, here is some Russian dude even more tossed than ol' Shane:



I owe a very hearty "hat-tip" to my younger brother Russ. He sent these clips along to me 'cause he felt they were more appropriate for my train wreck of a blog. He has a more established blog of his own, you see, so check please check it out HERE. It may not be as twisted mine but it is, most assuredly, funnier.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

Jesus, Ryan. I'm a Pogues/Shane junkie. Have been for years. Have you seen "If I Should Fall From Grace With God"? The unbelievable doc on ol' Shaney Mac? It's a multiple viewer. Cave's interviewed throughout.

Also... seeing the Pogues live down here at the Wiltern on October 18th. Never thought I'd ever see THAT happen in my lifetime. They've not been to the Western states in years and years. A pint o' the ol' whisk says MacGowen never sees the stage.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Russell Arch said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home